Catering Sales Manager
Catering Sales Managers will be responsible for soliciting and closing new business while growing existing relationships to meet and/or exceed provided revenue goals. Candidates must have a strong sales track record but will work with Event Specialists to produce events; prior catering experience a plus but not necessary. We are looking for managers to specialize in corporate sales as well as social/wedding business.
While experience is required, true success for any Catering Sales Manager is heavily dependent upon personality, organization, and communication skills. You will be responsible for identifying/pursuing new client opportunities, building relationships, and planning proactively towards your goals.
You will be given the freedom to manage your time, clients, and daily duties, yet will be supported and monitored on your successes and shortcomings.
Philosophy & Culture:
• Uphold the company vision, mission, and culture
• Uphold and maintain a positive, professional work environment for all staff and peers
• Exceed/hit annual sales targets
• Research, cold call, and generate new accounts and main a consistent stream of leads
• Constantly investigate, seek out, and target new customers and sales opportunities
• Work with the Sales Director to hone in on specific targets and close business
• Builds and maintains good and long-lasting customer relationships
• Manage client expectations and understand business objectives and needs
• Create proposals that work within Deborah Miller Catering & Events parameters and meet clients’ needs and objectives
• Maintain and track all communication with clients
• Comfortable picking up the phone to proactively communicate with clients
• The ability to speak, understand, read, and write in English
• The ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction
• The ability to understand basic math
• The ability to work independently or as part of a team
• The ability to lift at least 30 pounds on a regular basis
• Organized approach to projects
• Able to take direction
• Ability to build positive rapport, maintain fast response times, etc.
• Adaptable in fast-paced and challenging work environment
• Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business
• Flexible to work long hours as needed
Experience / Qualifications:
• 2-4+ years’ experience in a sales role, ideally at restaurant, hotel, or catering business
• Proficient in a variety of technology systems, especially Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel/catering software systems
• Proven track record for meeting sales goals
• Ability to assess client requirements and ensure client satisfaction
• Social position requires experience in weddings/mitzvahs or similar